- For a list of all monsters see, List of Monsters
Monsters differ from NPCs in that they are usually NPCs that share a common name with several others rather than having a unique name or title (exception, see boss), are non-friendly to everyone, are non-interactive, and/or exist solely for the purpose of being killed. These are part of the main aspect of PvE, and are found throughout the game world.
Monsters are all named with different colors which distinguish them from one another and categorize them by level.
- Red - Monsters that are strong for your current level. (monster's level is 5 or more levels higher than yours)
- Green - Monsters that are suitable for your current level. (monster's level is within 4 levels of yours)
- Blue - Monsters that are weak and easy for your current level. (monster's level 5 or more level lower than yours)
If the monster level is too far from the player's level, then the experience gained will be reduced.
- The level difference is 25 or more - 75% Experience
- The level difference is 30 or more - 50% Experience
- The level difference is 35 or more - 25% Experience
- The level difference is 40 or more - 10% Experience
Each monster has a set pattern of behavior. There is no physical indication used for determining a monster's behavior. You will only be able to realize it through your own experiences.
- Passive - A monster that won't attack you unless you attack them (example: Pururu).
- Aggressive - A monster that will attack you as soon as you get into their sight. Detecting range may vary for every monster. (example: Bawoo).
- Assist - A monster that will assist other monsters that you attack. Example: Monster-B will not attack you, but if you attack Monster-A, then Monster-B will help Monster-A by healing or attacking you too. (example: Killer Bee).
- Escaping - A monster that will run away as soon you get into their sight (example: Mini Metallic).
- Cast Sensor (Single) - A Passive monster that will suddenly turn into Aggressive monster if they been locked by magic casting circle. (example: Green Crystal Urchin)
- Cast Sensor (Range) - A Passive monster that will suddenly turn into Aggressive monster if ANY type of casting activities being made within sight of that monster. Detecting range may vary for every monster. (example: Ghost)
- Near-Death Aggressive - A Passive monster that will turn into Aggressive monster if its HP is in near-death state(lower than 25%). (example: Militant Spell Caster)
- Near-Death Flee - A monster that will attempt to run away from you if its HP is in near-death state(lower than 25%). (example: Pirate B)
- Near-Death Immovable - A monster that will become immovable if its HP is in near-death state(lower than 25%). (example: Umbrella)
- Skill Spamming - A monster that will spam its skill or magic for no reason when idle.
- Main article: Properties
Every monster has its own elemental properties. For example, the Polar Bear uses the water property, so if you use fire property attacks against it you will deal extra damage. However, some monsters have more than one property.
- There are three main properties: light, darkness, and the elements.
- Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind are included in the elements.
- Elements contains their own chains of strengths and weaknesses, such as fire being strong against water, but being weak against wind.
- Darkness is strong against the elements, but is weak against light.
- Light is strong against darkness, but is weak against the elements.
- Elements are strong against light, but weak against darkness.
- In other words, light is weak against fire, water, earth, and wind, but strong against darkness and darkness is strong against fire, water, earth, and wind, but weak against light.
There are currently a few types of monsters. The type of monster is used for increasing item drop rate for certain skills. Examples: Vates' Undead Knowledge skill, the Ranger's Animal Knowledge and Bird Knowledge skills. Undead type monsters also receive damage from the Vates' healing skills.
Examples of Types and Monsters:
- Plant - Pururu, Ropers
- Animal - Urchin, Bear, MoMo
- Bird - ChockKo, Draki
- Insect - Crawler, Earth Spider
- Aquatic - Fly Fish
- Magical - Angel Feather
- Spirit - Pino, Banshee
- Rock - KangKang
- Human - Devastator
- Undead - Skeleton, Mummy
- Machine - BriKing RX１