Skill Points are used to train skills. It costs 3 skill points to train a new skill and 1 skill point to increase a skill 1 level. So it takes a total of 7 skill points to train any one skill to level 5.
The skill points system effectively limits the number of skills a player can have. Because of the wide variety of skills and limited number of skill points there is no way to train all skills for a job to level 5.
Getting Skill Points
You get 1 skill point for each job level you gain.
Skill Points are rewarded for completing certain quests.
[A total of 21 first-job-only skill points may be earned from NPC quests]
Acropolis, Northern, Fareast, and Iron City quests all go to first job. Even if you are second job they will still go to first job.
Morg and Tonka skill point quests will let you choose whether you want the individual skill points to be added to either First, Expert, or Technical Job. Doing these quests during first job will force the skill points to be first job skill points.
- "Kill Weeds" quest in Fareast City for Farmer Sam.
- Deliver a lunchbox from Mother to the waterkeeper, choose a skill point for the reward (choosing a song will still get you the skill point too).
- Find 7 Piyo Piyo for Charles (barn in the upper left corner). The Piyos will not actually go with you or move from the spot.
- Talk to the Queen.
- Talk to the Sorcerer. You need to possess a Mage in order to enter the Sorcerer's Room if you aren't a Mage.
- "Hair Loss Treatment" quest for the Clerk. Make 1 Hair Loss Treatment with Chemical Preparation using 1 Cuticle Extract (Dropped by Fallen Trees, 1 Honey (Dropped by Killer Bees, and 1 Resurrection Potion (Bought or made from 10 Spirit Dust or 1 Tamtam Herb and 1 Distilled Water.Please be aware that the skill point you earn from this can be for second job too, if you did this at second job! Doing it at 1st job causes the skill point to become a 1st job skill point permanently.
Skill Point Quest Guides
- "Infinite Corridor" Quest.
- Just do the Infinite Corridor Quest receieved from D Master in the Staff Desert, then get a Ring as a reward. After that, give the ring to the Old Man in Acropolis City Uptown. Every first-time quest gives you 1 skill point. There are 8 quests, giving you a total of 8 skill points.
- Astrologer Needs Crystal Quest
- Meet the Astrologer in Acropolis City Downtown. She will ask for a Crystal with the blessing of a Fairy. Which Fairy to use is up to you. The first time, you get a Space/Time (element) staff. The element in the staff depends on the Fairy. To get the skill point, you must do the quest a second time.
- Data delivery Quest
- Do the quest twice, as the first time only gets you a Note Book and Mililia to open up Headgear shop. The second time gets you a skill point. This is a 15 minute quest, so it's advised that you have a savepoint in Northern Promenade and a Space-Time key used after you receive the book from the Sage Master.
- Before It Melt Quest
- Do the "Before it Melts" Quest from the Cafe Employee twice to get the skill point.
- Hidden Shop Quest
- Do the quests of Sapane, Arus and Solo (They're all in Acropolis City Uptown. At East, West and South). Also do the quest from Tiny at Valeria's Cafe in Northern Promenade. After unlocking all the hidden shops, you get a skill point from the Elegant Lady in Acropolis City Downtown.
- Medicine for Mother Quest
- Take the quest from the Cafe Employee. Do it twice to get the skill point. You can get the medicine by asking the Magic Shop owner in Northern Promenade. She will ask for some herbs from all 6 elemental flowers. This requires the Farmer's skill Plant Knowledge to get the items. You will get a skill point from Novice Adventurer Porol in Lower Part of Iron City by exchanging the 2 tickets.
Skill Points Display
Skill points are shown on the "Skill" page in the form of two little "red balls", one big "red ball", and a number.
Each little red ball means 1 skill point. The big red ball means 3 skill points. The number next to the big red ball represents how many groups of 3 you have.
For each skill point you earn, 1 little red ball will light up. When you have 3 skill points the big red ball will light up.
- 4 skill points is 1 little red ball and 1 big red ball.
- 6 skill points would be 1 big red ball with the number 2.
This article is a stub. You can help the Emil Chronicle Wiki by expanding it.